“My nutrition team and I have worked hard to create these super nutritious, balanced and flavorful energy balls that give us the perfect boost to get us through the day – enjoy two balls per snack. »
- 70 g of pumpkin seeds
- 20g puffed brown rice or puffed quinoa
- 50 g whole almonds
- 80g Medjool dates
- 1 cm fresh turmeric or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 orange
- Mix 40 g of the pumpkin seeds into a fine powder in a food processor, then decant onto a plate.
- Place the rest of the pumpkin seeds and puffed rice or quinoa into the processor with the almonds and dates (shred first), then stir until finely chopped.
- Peel and finely grate the turmeric, if using fresh, or add the ground turmeric, along with the cinnamon, cocoa powder, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blitz again until finely ground, then add the vanilla, honey, and half the orange juice.
- Blitz for another 1 or 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times and adding an extra splash of orange juice to bind, only if needed; It takes a while for the mixture to come together, so be patient and let the processor do its magic.
- With wet hands, divide into 24 and roll into balls, dropping into pumpkin seed powder as you go.
- Shake to coat, storing in excess powder until needed. They will stay happy for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Medjool dates have the double benefit of being rich in fiber and chloride, a nutrient that aids our digestion, and we get a hint of copper from pumpkin seeds.